Saturday, April 26, 2014

Let's start with the kitchen tour!!

As we slowly get settled in I've decided to start your tour.  I still have plenty of decorating to do but figured it was time to start sharing some pictures.  I know many of you have seen it in person and are thinking yeah, yeah I was just there last weekend and saw it.  HOWEVER believe it or not I do have followers that I don't have to pay are actually not friends or family but people that actually come here because they want to ;) 

Soooooo let's get down to business and start this house tour with the kitchen.  It really is hard to decide but this really is one of my favorite spots in the house.  When I say kitchen, I also mean the breakfast nook and sunroom.  They are just so open and cozy and can fit a ton of people when having parties (like surprise baby showers).

Here is the view when coming in from the garage.  The breakfast nook is off to the left and the sunroom is on the right!  Wow that is a sunny background!



This is where all the (cooking) magic happens.   As you can see there is a ton of counter space to the left of the stove.  We had that baby STOCKED full of yummy treats on Super Bowl Sunday.  If there is one thing you need to know about my BFF's and me......we can make some killer party food!!


The island, oh how I heart the island!!  I really do.  This is where we eat dinner as a family every night and where we all sit and lean when we're having a party.  Did I mention I love it?


Here is our little breakfast work-station.  In my original layout this was going to be another full wall of granite with uppers and lowers for cabinets.  However I decided to go with the full length pantries on each side and go with the small slab in the middle.  We store the toaster below and just pull it out in the morning and plug it in and voila!!  Also comes in handy when using the microwave....just pull out you dish, stir it up and pop it back in.
The view from the sunroom.

This the chest that I scored on Craigslist that we are now using as our bar.  I just got that lamp last weekend at Home Goods for $39....couldn't pass it up!!

Our little breakfast nook with a view out onto the patio!!! 


So that's it for now.  I'll share some pictures of the sunroom once I can get some better shots.  I was fighting with the lighting and decided to throw in the towel.  Whew, that was a whole lotta pictures!  Hope you didn't fall asleep.  Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job. I love the counters - actually the whole thing but especially the counters. The sunlight is good too even though it makes it hard for taking pictures. I think I would use the breakfast nook a lot since I really like looking out at nature and you have a nice view from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Marian, I loooovvveee the countertops as well. I had something different picked out all along and then found these at Home Depot last minute and knew they were meant to be.

      Delete
  2. OMG your kitchen is amazing!! So much cabinet space and I love that island! The wall with the microwave nook is my favorite... so functional! I can't wait to see the rest of the house now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Colette!! I love the island sooooo much that I can't even tell you. Stick around I've got plenty of tours to come :-)

      Delete
  3. I love it!!! It is so beautiful and you're right, both of us have really similar colors in our kitchens! Only I have to say your kitchen is way WAY nicer than mine! I am super jealous of all that space you have! I am dying to do what you guys did- build our dream house. Someday I hope! I'm excited to follow along and see more of your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke!! I am soooo thankful for the space. Our old house was about 1549 sq. feet and our new house is just shy of 2800 with a full basement so I am in heaven.
      You can do it!! You can save soooooo much money by being your own general contractor and doing a ton of the work on your own. We started pouring the footers in May and we moved in by December and we did a TON of work on our own!!

      Delete