Friday, December 19, 2014

Halloween Decor Re-purposed for Christmas!

Do you remember this sign that I had on my counter for Halloween?

I loved the shape of it and it was the perfect size for the kitchen counter.  As Halloween passed I was sad to have to take it down.  I didn't really want to go spend more money on a new Christmas sign.  Soooooo, I decided to get creative!

So I flipped the sign over, busted out some Goo Gone to get the price tag off and headed to the hardware store.  I picked up a can of chalkboard paint for cheap and went to town.

I sprayed the first coat and let it dry for about a half hour and here it is after I applied the second coat.  It was quick and easy and let's be honest about my favorite part.....CHEAP!!!!

I busted out some chalk once it was dry and here is the finished product.  Done and DONE!!


This was my first time using chalk paint and it was sooooo easy.  Go try some and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment