Friday, June 24, 2016

Using Pineapples as Party Decor!

As I told you in a previous post, my baby girl is turning 16 and we're having a small party.  Trying to steer clear of the whole Sweet 16 theme I needed to find something else she liked.  It didn't take long to come up with PINEAPPLES.  Pineapples are everywhere lately.  Home decor, bags, purses, clothing, you name it!!  Annddddd since I like a little bling I couldn't use just plain pineapples so here is what I did.....

My SIL scored 8 pineapples for $1.99 each.  I first checked Kroger and they were too pricey at $3.99 each, for this fugal mama, so I asked my friends to be on the lookout.  Sure enough she found them for half the price at Aldi.  Here is what I started with!

As I said, yellow and green wasn't the look I was going for not to mention I found some inspiration at Marshall's for the colors for the party (I'll share that in a full post after the party) and needed to bling up the pineapples.

So, I opted for my favorite Krylon metallic spray paint and went to town.


Voila, here is the finished product.



Don't you love them?  With just a hint of the green peaking through they are perfect.  It was quick and easy and the paint dries quickly.  For under $20 they are going to be perfect accents on the tables. Come back and I'll show you all the party details next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment