Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My 2015 To-Do List for the House.

What would a new year be without a list of things to accomplish?  So, I'm jumping on the band wagon and throwing out my to-do list for the year.  None of these things are big ticket items, but if you add them all up they get pricey.  My plan is to tick them off one little project at a time.  Let's get to this!

1 - Bi-fold doors for the closet off the garage.  It is usually *pretty* organized but I think it will really finish off the entry way and make it look much cleaner and organized.  After all that is the door everybody uses to come into the house so it needs to make a good first impression.

2 - Paint the door from the garage black on the inside and outside and put the house numbers on the outside in the garage.  I'll share the how-to when I bite the bullet and get it done.  I have to believe that this is going to have to wait til spring since it will be a bit chilly when I take the door down ;)

3 - Stencil the entry way.  I really, REALLY wanted to wall paper the entry way but Ryan said NO WAY!  So I'm going the stencil route.  I'll share my inspiration post when I get ready to take the plunge.


4 - Closet doors in the kids' bedrooms.  Yup that needs to happen stat.  Jake doesn't have nearly as many clothes as Emma and all of his clothes fit in his dresser.  Emma?  Not so much.  She needs some more organizers but I vote for doors first ;)

5 - Carpet the stairs leading up to the bonus room.  This is one of the biggest things we regret about the house.  We wished we would have put a door at the bottom of the stairs.  We may never finish the bonus room upstairs so why finish the steps if we don't have to, right?  Oh well, it is what it is and now it's time to finish them.

Do you have a long to-do list for 2015?





No comments:

Post a Comment