Monday, May 11, 2015

Camo Cupcakes: The Result

We made it through another fabulous weekend and I can't wait to share some pictures.  I was clearly nervous about my cupcake idea but I was happy with the finished product.  Sooooo, get ready for picture overload.  #sorrynotsorry

Here are the cake mixes.  One chocolate and one yellow.  Then you take 1/3 of each of the mixes and pour them into their own bowl and mix.

Then you add in some green food coloring and presto magic-o you have a cake mix that looks like pea soup.  Uhhhmmmm kinda gross I know.  Believe me it did NOT taste like pea soup ;)


Then you drop one spoonful of each into the cupcake papers and bake away!  Oh and then you have a sip of your cocktail in the background ;)
Here they are fresh out of the oven!  Sooooooooo good!
Here they are on my Pampered Chef cooling rack that I abso-freaking-lutely love!!

Now I really wanted darker camo green for the frosting but that would have required me running out to get some more food coloring and quite frankly I decided to be happy with what I had.

Annnndddddd here is the finished product out in the garage for all those boys once they got done shooting their eyes out with airsoft guns :-)

They were quick and easy....just the way I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment