Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Counter Coffee Station

Most of you that know me know that I can't stand things on the kitchen counter.  Well that is (of course) unless they are super cute decorative accessories!  #DUH  
So, when I told my hubby and the kids that I was going to make a coffee station on the counter I was bombarded with several sarcastic comments about things not being allowed on the counters.  Whatevs!!  

My little counter space between the pantries and below the microwave has always been tough to style.  I've never really felt like I found the perfect decor for that area.  Sooooooo in the middle of the night I sat up and thought....a coffee station!  That's it!!  #noreallythathappened



See there.....clearly that wasn't the right decor either.  It didn't last there very long....the owl wax melter did but not the other items.

Then there was Christmas and I LOVED this sign on the counter that I got at Target but alas Christmas came to an end so I had to take it down.  Boo!



So to make a short story long,  I decided that the coffee station was the perfect mix of decor and function.....and now I'm on a mission to get it completed.  

I made a little stop at Marshall's and grabbed a couple mugs to get things moving!  



I loooovvveeeee them and couldn't resist.  Truth be told, I found a mug that said hello gorgeous in gold writing and loved it.  I was going to buy it and tell everybody that Ryan bought it for me but I knew he'd narc me out ;)  So I left it sitting all alone on the shelf at Marshall's.

The next thing I really need to find is the coffee pot.  I want a stainless steel coffee pot but I also don't want to break the bank.  #tightwad
I'm really leaning towards this dude from Walmart.


We already have a coffee pot that works just fine but it has seen many camping trips.  Not quite what I want sitting on the counter at all times.  I like the looks of this one and especially the price.....$29.74.  Sounds like a pretty good deal.  Once we get a new pot, we can retire the old pot to the camper.

Anybody out there have this coffee pot?  You like?  Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I love my one cup brewers-I'm a coffee snob and won't drink from the pot anymore. They make little reusable filters now so you can use your own coffee grounds and not buy the kcups.

    ReplyDelete