Monday, November 28, 2011

Missed it by THAT much.

Latest update:  I called (the day before Thanksgiving) the guy who made the last offer on our house.  I told him our realtor was willing to throw in $500 if his realtor was willing to do the same.  Well, he followed up that tidbit of info with, "actually we're going to look at another house today and if I like it I will be putting in an offer."  I said oh ok, well thank you....he said "well, wait, wait if that doesn't work out then I will talk to our realtor and see what we can work out." 
Like I said that was 5 days ago.  I am going to go ahead and assume that since I haven't heard boo, that they must have worked out something on the other house.

What a bummer that we were soooooooooo close yet soooooooo far.  Let's hope that last couple who had grandpa footin' the bill for their first house, come back! 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6v7ouKEJSxf17VwYhE0llHy8IaI8nBtM8Vf-Z8-j-YekqDHFEKiUioLiGj4Nj4KZKKMIRTF09zb3aA31sjj-QORUBTg3rf0cvKLqOILy1KbaPgwkYb-_9eKIffBJNgBUh6BkRV5JdsSQ/s1600/maxwellsmart_missed_it_by_that_much1.jpg 

 Dear Santa:  All I want for Christmas it to sell my house!!  Do you think you could help a sister out?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiQu6Wz2sw6tsPTFVKeTfLbutQA43gNzk0h8-JBgNKNYieR2TP1JCsLkdePJYTyLJTaYKjy_-_ck32wEHQ0NVTGoclKKqGdpzwJ4KKoQ9ufJNEwwXDFzGaFpYYH4z2tPG3lx5QaldDqoHs/s1600/dear-santa.jpg 

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How can being so close seem so far?

So, we were able to get closer because our realtor offered to throw some money at the deal if the buyers' realtor would do the same.  Sooooooooo now we are a mere $3,000 apart.  How can being so close seem so far??? I don't know but it just seems impossible! 

For those of you that know my hubby, you know just how stubborn he is.  So I worry that he will really just walk away from the deal.  I dunno but I really hope we can make this work.  I emailed the other realtor directly to let her know what our realtor had offered up and asked her to let her clients know (oh and to see if she was willing to do the same).  Well that was at 2:30 today and I haven't heard a thing. 

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would somebody just make this work out SOON so I can move on???

We're getting closer.....

We've closed the gap a little bit!  So stay tuned (again!), and I hope to come back with good news....SOON!!

http://ninidee.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/staytuned-7764502.jpg

Sunday, November 20, 2011

There is a small light at the end of the tunnel!

Yep you read that right.  Just when we thought all hope was lost Ryan got a phone call.  The guy that put the last offer on our house works with one of his uncles.  First thing Friday morning Ryan got a call from his uncle. 
This guy and his wife really want the house and wanted to talk with us directly to try and come to an agreement on the price.  Ryan's aunt dropped the phone number off Friday night.

http://jackrich.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.jpg 

Wellllll of course Ryan waited until today to call him and the second round of negotiations began.  Ryan told him what we HAVE to have.  He said he needed to talk with his wife and would call back.  Got a call back less than 5 minutes later and they came up $5,000.  Ryan told him he needed to talk to me and would call HIM back.  Needless to say we still are holding firm with what we told him on the first call.  That call was 6 hours ago and Ryan still hadn't called him back to tell him.  I just MADE Ryan call him back and he got his voicemail.  Sooooo we told him we wouldn't go below the first number and to call us back if he was still interested.  As of right now we are a MERE $4,000 apart on our numbers.

Let me just tell you what $4,000 equates to over 30 years......18 BUCKS PER MONTH!!!!  I was really hoping to have a resolution tonight so I could sleep.  Looks like a sleepless night ahead for me!


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Just as fast as it came it went!!

Yep, you guessed it!!  They didn't accept and didn't counter :(  Soooooo basically they wanted us to give them our home for $23,000 under the asking price!!  I mean REALLY?!?!?!  Now $23K may not seem like alot when your asking $400K.....but $23K less when you are asking $154K is a bit offensive. 
So to that I say this.........

http://learningexpressblog.typepad.com/.a/6a011571ec93fe970b0120a6ca1d1b970b-320pi 


Sooooooo I guess back to the drawing board we go!!!!!