Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Did I ever tell you what I did on Christmas Eve?!?!?!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I didn't fess up to this on the blog but I think it's time to share and you'll find out why.  We moved into our house on December 13th, 2013.  It was a little crazy sliding in sideways to Christmas, but we were relieved we made it in time.  I was on a ladder on Christmas Eve putting up our ginormous tree in the great room.  Once I got that done, I was running around the house cleaning and wrapping presents.  If you know me well then you'll know that I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time. 
So, here comes the good part.   I decided to fill up the kitchen sink with some water and Mr. Clean.  Then I decided to go grab Ryan's dirty clothes out of our master bath to throw in the washer.  Then IT happened....I saw something shiny.  That something shiny was wrapping paper and the last few presents I needed to wrap.  I plopped my fanny on the ground and started wrapping away.  Well I was wrapping until I heard Emma screaming my name.  Yep I had left the sink running and it was overflowing all over my BRAND NEW KITCHEN.  Wow, I was so upset.  I think we went through AT LEAST 6 beach towels.  The cabinet under my sink was full of water and I had what you might like to call a case of the drip in the basement.  One would think that I would have learned a lesson. 


Until tonight that is!  This picture doesn't really do it justice but WOW I thought I did it again.  Oddly enough I was just standing in the sunroom decorating a couple of my Christmas trees and TOTALLY forgot about my running water.  Again!  Another catastrophe was averted this time.  However, will I ever just learn to focus on one thing at a time?  Yeah.  Not likely!


No comments:

Post a Comment