Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mmmmm you have to try this hot cocoa!!

I've been looking for a gift to make for the kids to take to school for their teachers and bus driver (so act surprised if you are reading this PJ) and I finally found the perfect gift! You can get the full tutorial over at Simply Designing.  After reading this awesome post I decided to make a trip to Dollar General to get the things that I didn't have in my pantry.
Here's what I got tonight!



  I need to give you two bits of advice.  These jars that I bought from Dollar General were WAY too big and weren't your standard mason jar size.  Sooooooo, when I made the first one it wasn't nearly as full as in the blog tutorial.  So, I dug in my cupboards and found some standard mason jars and luckily the festive lids fit!!  My other bit of advice?   DO NOT take a "little bite" of that peppermint bark because you'll be HOOKED.  It was a good thing I ran this morning because I think that the amount of bark I ended up eating may have equaled the calories I burned while running.  However, I digress.  Let's get back to my finished product.

Here's what I came up with.  I had one standard mason jar and one mason jar mug.


Photo Credit:  Emma Jean
Photo Credit:  Emma Jean


I just used some spools of ribbon that I had from The Dollar Tree and tied them in bows.  I think I am going to use some card stock and write up my own tags to attach to the jars.  I LOVE how they turned out and can't wait to hand them out.

The kids were awfully happy to taste test the jar that didn't turn out and gave the hot cocoa a thumbs up.  Mmmmmmm it looks delicious!!




Which mason jar do you like best?  The standard mason jar or the mason jar mug?

No comments:

Post a Comment