Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Landscaping Time....Finally!!!

Well we are FINALLY getting moving on our landscaping and sidewalks....oh and some front porch steps.  #awkward #babysteps

We all know that it takes time and MONEY when it comes to landscaping.  Last summer our big project was the concrete in the barn and we're finally focusing on landscaping this year.  Don't let me fool you though, it popped to the top of the to-do list because we have a graduation party next year. #sayitaintso #cryingalready
Sometimes it just takes a little something, like a graduation party, to provide the incentive you need to get a project moving forward.

Obviously these pictures are from when we just finished the house but I forgot to take some pictures this weekend!!  You get the point......


The side walk will go across the front of the garage here on the right and lead to the (soon to be) front porch steps.


Clearly the front porch needs steps cuz that first step is a doozy!!!  We're on the fence about rounded steps or square steps.  I can't decide.  Ugghhh the struggle is real.  What do you think?????



Now onto the landscaping.  I'm thinking about arborvitae along the front of the house, with some ornamental grass and pots filled with bright colorful flowers.  We are going with black mulch this year and may decide on stone in the future.  However for now, I want black mulch.

I love the arborvitae in front of this house.



I love the purple in this fountain grass as well!


So that's where we're at right now.  Nope, I haven't finished the great room makeover and nope I haven't finished covering my dining room chairs and nope I haven't painted my mom's outside patio furniture.  I just keep adding more projects to the list cuz that is how I roll!!

Any plant/trees/bushes you love and recommend????


No comments:

Post a Comment