Thursday, March 15, 2018

WW Weekly Dessert

In case you don't follow me on Instagram then you probably haven't noticed that I am back on Weight Watchers and quite frankly obsessed with it ;)  #shocker  Most that know me know that I'm easily obsessed with things like this.  Liikeeee activity points.  You can bank those babies during the week for fun things like cocktails and nachos (hello Te'kela) on the weekend.  So, I work out really hard to accumulate a rather sizable bank during the week.  Right now I shoot for 15,000 steps during the day.  This may not seem like a lot to most but when you have a desk job it can be tough.  For example, last night I only had 9,000 steps in by 9:00 so THIS is what I had to do...because DUH I had already logged 15,000 steps in my WW app for the day. 



So back to the point of this!  I'm going to start making a different WW dessert each week and sharing the outcome with you here.  Now I'm not going to get all creative and make them up but I'm going to try a new recipe each week from the interweb and share the scoop here.

First up!  THIS delicious AND pretty Red, White and Blueberry Trifle.  This dessert is sooooo good and rather easy.  It'll make you look like Martha Stewart and you won't feel too guilty partaking in a bit.

Here are some of the ingredients I used.  The recipe calls for either white chocolate or cheesecake instant pudding.  It was a no brainer for me.....I used the cheesecake.


Let's fast forward a bit.  I broke up 5 ounces of the angel food cake and lines the bottom of my trifle dish.  I then put a layer of blueberries on top.  I added quite a few more blueberries after I took this picture, FYI!  Don't be afraid of them!  You can also see I had all the strawberries sliced and ready to go as well.



After you whisk the sweetened condensed milk  you add the whole package of instant pudding.


Once you whisk it for two minutes it looks like this.  At this point you fold in your cool whip (I didn't get a pic cuz my bowl was too small and I was super sticky).  I used the lite cool whip although the recipe didn't call for the lite version.  The taste was still soooo good!



Once I folded in the cool whip I added it to a gallon ziploc and cut the tip off one of the corners to pipe it into the dish.  I put the first layer (half of the bag) on top of the blueberries above then added a layer of strawberries.  I topped the strawberries with the other 5 ounces of cubed angel food cake and then piped the remaining mix from the ziploc.  You then use the remaining berries on the top for a finished product like this!


Soooooo good.  Try it and let me know what YOU think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment