Monday, March 5, 2018

Well, well, well.....

Looky who decided to come back to the land of the blogging.  ME!!!  Yep, I'm baaaaaccckkkkkk!!!!



So, where shall we begin?  I mean come on, it has been like eight months.  Plenty has happened but let's just pretend like no time has passed and we'll pick up right here in March.  One thing.......
It is hard for me to consistently blog when I primarily started this blog to talk about house stuff.  While I can talk about house stuff a lot, I can't talk about it ALL THE TIME.  I mean come on, I have plenty of projects to finish before our baby girl graduates this summer but there aren't always updates to share.  So, I'm going to change the format a little.  I'm going to just start blogging about all the things.  It might be something about my training for the Glass City Half Marathon, a new Weight Watchers or Skinnytaste recipe I've tried, something actually decorating/DIY related or something DUMB (which I'm pretty good at)!! 
I hope that didn't scare you all away and send you running in the opposite direction.  <insert crickets chirping>  So stick around and see if I might post something that interests you or, hell, makes you laugh.  I know we can ALL use a good laugh at the end of the day with the world we live in.....

Oddly enough I DO have a house update to share with you today.  As I noted above, our little ginger graduates from high school in June so we have a party on the horizon.  Nothing like a graduation party to light a fire under your tush.  Our guest bedroom/office has served as the land of misfit decor and any other CRAP that I don't have a home for.  This is what it looked like late Thursday night.  Yes, these pictures are pretty cherry I know.  It was dark and I was using my phone.  However, here they are, don't judge!



You'll notice that there still isn't trim around the window yet.  However, if you're playing Where's Waldo and look to the left of the above picture you'll see the piece of trim.  The $100 piece of trim that was the WRONG SIZE.  Sooooo, we're on a mission to find the right piece ;)


So here is a little sneak peak at what I'm thinking!!  I'm going for the woodsy chic look in this room.  Planning to incorporate the deer head in the picture above with golds and natural elements. 


I scored the Nicole Miller comforter set at Home Goods on clearance for $45 and the throw on clearance as well.  The oatmeal colored side rail is part of the tufted head board that is going in the bedroom (for color reference).  We got the bed put up this weekend and it looks AWESOME.  Can't wait to share some better progress pics with you!!!

P.S. I REALLY wanted this mirror from Home Goods, that was also on clearance, but just couldn't pull the trigger.  I'm on a mission to find one similar for well below $100. 




No comments:

Post a Comment