Monday, April 29, 2013

Whew, it's hot in here....

I don't know if I have officially put this out there on the blog (however I am sure my FB followers figured it out) but we did NOT pass our footer inspection.  Of course it decided to monsoon the week they dug our footers....I mean it IS spring and that IS our luck!  The building inspector needs to be able to walk in the footers before he will approve.  Soooooo Ryan and I (and all of our awesome family and friends) have spent morning, noon and night digging trenches, burying crocks and checking sump pumps!!  As a matter of fact we burnt up the sump pump that our plumbing dude, aka Jarod, had purchased for our basement when we got to that point (it is also possible that Ryan cut the cord on said pump with a chainsaw, but you ain't heard that from me cuz I ain't one to gossip).  We then had to hit up Jarod for pump numero dos on Sunday morning.  We are now in business!  We have 2 pumps pumping, two crocks, and lots of sunshine and no rain in the forecast.  So pllleeaasseee keep those fingers crossed that we can pass that inspection and get our footers poured.

Onto the barn.  We have been kicking butt on the barn :-)  As a matter of fact this was actually the first WARM weekend that we've had since we started.  And whew, it was a good thing we got the windows put in cuz it got a little stuffy in the barn and we needed to open them.....

Yeah, yeah you guys that heard that joke all weekend, I apologize that you had to endure it again!  Thennnn after all the hard work was done, we decided it was time for a few brewskis because most of us were kidless......

Now when you are friends with our crew you always have to be on your toes.  Annnndddd when you are in here and you hear a truck fire up you butter hope for the best......

It is awfully hard to crawl outta there when you can't get the door open.  Ahhhhh with friends like us, who need enemies???


2 comments:

  1. Great. I WAS happy to see this shitter, now I'll be afraid to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhmmm yeah ya give and take a little!!

    ReplyDelete