Monday, November 14, 2016

{DIY} Gold Striped Vase!

Good morning my friends and happy Monday.  That sounded kind of chipper, right?  Good!!  Another weekend that absolutely flew by and we're back to the grind.  I know it's inevitable but I don't have to like it, right?  #ineedavacation

This Saturday was the most peaceful and relaxing Saturday that I've had since.......well, May! #nojoke We did lots of camping this year and if we weren't camping we had some sort of other plans.  So, I was thrilled to have ZERO plans this past Saturday.

What do you think I did all day Saturday?  Started putting up Christmas decorations, DUH!  Oh and I decided to paint some vases.  Soooooo, to make a short story long, let's get down to business.


All you need is a vase, some scotch tape and Krylon gold metallic paint.


I wrapped two pieces of tape around the vase (hard to believe but I just eyeballed...no measuring involved :P)


I took it out in the garage and laid out some card board and got down to business.  Important to note that you don't want to get too wild and crazy with the spray paint.  It is best to take quick short swipes so as to avoid any drips (I tend to be on team ram-rod so I like to go a little crazy at times because I need instant gratification).  This shot right here was my first coast.  I let dry for about 15 minutes and again went back for one more coat.  Again, hold that can about 6 inches away and do short quick passes.  


I could barely wait a half hour but I did.  I removed the tape and voila this beauty emerged.


I am in love with the finished product.  These pictures don't do it justice but it is fabulous!!!



This is just a little sneak peek!  I will have a post later this week that shows how to put together a complete holiday table with only items from The Dollar Tree.  This gold vase will be part of the finished product :-)

Let's see you give this a project a whirl and share your finished products in the comments!!

Hope you survive your Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment