Monday, February 4, 2013

I am back to granite....

I've gone from granite to quartz, and quartz back to granite!  Who knows, I could still change my mind yet but I think I am back to being sold on the granite.  I have passed this place called Royal Granite several times on Michigan Ave. in Ann Arbor.  I decided I was going to hit the showroom today and see what they have.  It seemed like an especially good idea since we were under a winter weather advisory (I don't often think things through).

The place is very small and I didn't know what to expect but I was very pleasantly surprised.  I believe the guy I was working with was the owner and he was very knowledgeable and helpful.  The thing I loved the most about this granite stop (believe me I have priced MANY granite places) was that they had full slabs onsite.  Believe me, that makes a HUGE difference.  You can really get a good feel for what the actual full size counter top will look like.  Adrian sold me on this color.  It is a premium granite but since the distributor sells alot of this color he can get it for the same price as the cheaper granite.....installed of course.

This is the color I picked out for the kitchen:

They also carry marble and that is really what I want for our master bath and he had just what I was looking for:



I don't love the veins in this slab but I could pick out my slab.  Then for some reason the owner was trying to talk me into this granite color for our bath instead of the marble.


Eh, it is pretty but I really want the marble.  This picture makes it look pretty light but it was a bit darker in person and I was worried that it would be too dark with the gray slate floor and black vanities.
HOWEVER, those of you that know me well enough know that money talks....soooooo if that granite was WAY cheaper I might be able to be convinced.

Anybody have any experience with the carrara marble?  He said it was a little more fragile......

No comments:

Post a Comment