Saturday, February 23, 2013

The appraisal!!

Yesterday started just an any usual Friday does during Winter in Michigan.  There were massive amounts of snow during rush hour, I drove 25 mph the entire way to Ann Arbor, and it took me 3 times as long to get to work.  Whatevs, that has become a custom on Mondays and Fridays it seems this winter.  Once I was THIS close to getting to work, traffic came to a screeching halt.  Soooooo I did what any technology addict would do.....I picked up my phone and checked my email.  There it was, an email from A at Greenstone.  At that moment I thought I was going to puke in my lap!  I clicked on it and she said I have the appraisal, call me when you get this!!  Then traffic started to move and I did the responsible thing and put my phone down and put both hands on the steering wheel.  It was the longest part of the drive as the anticipation was KILLING me!!
Once I got off the expressway I couldn't handle it anymore.  I picked up the phone and called Greenstone and braced myself for the news in case I really NEEDED to puke in my lap.  I gotta tell you that I was VERY shocked with what I heard next.  The house appraised for $30K more than I was HOPING it would appraise for.  Yiiiiipppeeeeeee!!

Don't get me wrong, the property itself didn't appraise for as high as I would have hoped but eh, you'll have that.  That just means we need a bigger wheel barrow to bring the ginormous pile of cash to closing.  So we should hear from the credit department on Monday as to the exact amount we will need to bring to closing and we will start working towards getting this party started :-)  Whew, I am glad that craziness is over.  Now if we can just get rid of this damn snow and dig a hole....

Cuz I am ready to put these little munchkins to work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment