Monday, April 28, 2014

Headboard Makover: Before and After!

I spent my Friday night working on refinishing Emma's old headboard and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. 

This project was pretty quick and painless!  I filled the holes with wood filler (er, Ryan filled the holes) and let it dry for about 6 hours.  Then I hit it with some sand paper to make the holes flush with the rest of the headboard and it was painting time.  I just used a regular satin paint and primer in one and it did the trick!  The color was shopaholic :-)

Here is a little sneak peak at my progress in the guest bedroom/office.....just a little peak for now!!

I've got the bedding but can't share that until I've got the finished product!!  As you can tell there is going to be a little nature/deer them along with my bright colors!


  1. Love the new color. I looks great near your patterned lampshade.

  2. Thanks, got the lampshade for $14.99 at Target!!