Friday, January 11, 2013

Priming and Grandma's Fabric!

So here is what the chair looked like after we sanded, filled all the imperfections with wood filler, then sanded again and finally primed.  I have all the info on how to refinish the chairs from one of my favorite blogs (I'll share that when I show you the finished product).  However,  honey biscuit and I didn't have such a great time with the primer.

The primer went on thick and clumpy and was a HOT MESS!!  Ryan and I sanded on it for an hour, followed up by Pete and Ryan sanding for another 3 hours to get it back to a smooth surface.  Needless to say, the next 4 chairs didn't get a coat of primer :-)

Now, try to control yourself, but this is the previous fabric that was on the seats!



Oh just wait til you see the finished product....you are gonna LOVE IT!!!  But until then you gotta deal with Grandma's fabric above......

No comments:

Post a Comment