Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You win, you always do!

Sooooooooo do ya'll remember that slate tile I purchased a couple weeks ago??



Yeah, THAT slate tile.  I knew that I wanted gray slate for the bathroom but was just holding out for the real stuff at a good price.  Well as you will recall I got a good deal on this at The Tile Shop....however I couldn't just "pull the trigger" on my own.  I called up Ryan and said "babe, I found the stuff I really want and it is at the right price should I do it??"  To which he said, "just ask the tile guy if there is anything special or out of the ordinary that you have to do to put down slate."  I did my wifely duty (hehehe I said duty) and asked.  To which I was told nope, it is actually easier to put down than ceramic and the only thing you have to do it seal it.  No big deal!  So I did it.  I bit the bullet and bought enough for our master bathroom!!!

Fast forward to this past Sunday and it was time to pick up the tile!  Ryan and I made the trek to Ann Arbor to pick up the goods.  Let me just tell you how effing heavy slate tile is.....WOW(mental note I need to start hitting the heavy weights before we break ground!!).
Ok, ok back to my point.  As we were standing there waiting for the tile Ryan looked at the shelf behind us to find a gallon of slate tile sealer!!!  Guess how much one gallon of slate sealer is???

Keep scrolling for the answer.......










$179.99









for ONE GALLON!!  I sh*t you not!!  I about had the big one right there in the middle of The Tile Shop.  Needless to say I picked up the jug and started reading feverishly HOPING that it was supposed to be diluted with water.  Uhmmmm yeah NOT SO MUCH!!!  You use that liquid gold straight up.  I have to say that Ryan took it in stride and just laughed about it.  Whew, that was a close one!!!  But as always he was right.......

P.S. Don't tell him I said that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment